In addition to traditional state warrants (checks) and direct deposit, some participating State agency programs offer individuals the option to receive payments via a prepaid Visa branded debit card.
Benefits of Prepaid Debit Cards:
- Cardholders can get cash at any of the many VISA/PLUSŪ ATMs in Nebraska and worldwide.
- Unlimited, no fee use of the card (up to account balance) at grocery stores, restaurants, retail stores, and other place, accepting VISA.
- Cash back option at many retailers.
- User may track income and expenses with monthly statements (transaction information is also available on-line).
- Not a credit card; no credit check and no interest.
- VISA Purchase Security Program protects purchases.
- Speed: no need to wait for the mail to deliver a check (state warrant payment).
- Ease: No bank account required and less need to carry large amounts of cash.