State Treasurer Don Stenberg cares about you and your privacy while visiting
this site. Please read the following statements regarding what information
we gather while you utilize our site and how that information is kept.
Please never hesitate to contact our office if you have questions regarding
your privacy on this web site.
What we do:
- We do receive, and in some instances keep, email addresses related
to unclaimed property, the Nebraska College Savings Plan, general state
government questions and problems with the web site. We will store your
email address only as long as it takes for us to answer your query,
unless we feel we need to contact you at a later date (e.g. we will
store your email address for purposes of contacting you regarding the
Nebraska College Savings Plan).
- We do periodically review our web server logs and produce reports
that give us the number of visits a page receives over a certain period
of time. We do this to gage the response each page is receiving and
to evaluate changes we may make.
What we don't do:
State Treasurer Don Stenberg is here to serve you and he hopes that this web
site proves useful to you. If you have any questions, please
- We do not permanently store "cookies" on your computer from any page
under www.treasurer.org or www.treasurer.state.ne.us.
- We absolutely will not sell, rent or give away email addresses or
other personal information received electronically to any business,
person or other state agency unless directed to by a court order.
- We do not routinely check what pages you are specifically visiting
or which searches you are making on our site. Tracking will only be
done for statistical purposes.
- We do not intentionally collect information from anyone under the
age of 18. If information has been sent by a minor and his/her parents
wish to have that information purged, please contact our office and
we will be happy to do so.